Thursday, October 11, 2012

RD's report for the Fall Council Meeting Amherst NS Oct 13, 2012

For those of you who may not make the Fall Council Meeting this Saturday, I am sending my report along for you.

Y's Menettes - Maritimes Regional Director's Report
Fall Council Meeting Amherst NS October 13, 2012

It is with great excitement that I look forward to my year as Maritimes Regional
Director for Y's Menettes. We have seven very active clubs with members committed to their
Y's Men program and the YMCA. With a combined membership of over 80 women I am
pleased to report that our numbers continue to increase.
The Y's Menette women continue to support our YMCAs, by contributing to their
building funds, sponsoring children to camps, the Strong Kids programs and Y Day Care
facilities. As well, Y's Menettes continue to support Time of Fast, The Alexander
Scholarship Fund, and Roll Back Malaria with the Y's Men. Y's Menettes support Food
Banks, Homeless Shelters, the Salvation Army, Music Festivals, Run for the Cure, and
many others good causes. For detailed information on club activities please refer to the
Y's Menettes Maritimes Region reports submitted at the convention in Saint John in
May 2012.
I am pleased to announce the new Y's Menettes International Project. We have begun a
new three year $29,000 dollar project 'Centre for HIV-AIDS Awareness' in Kerala,
India . Gurli Holm from Denmark is project co-ordinator. Maritimes Region Y's
Menettes look forward to helping with this important work.
'Being responsible for our environment' is one of my mottos for this year. With this in
mind I have started construction on a blog that I expect will have all Y's Menette
information finished by Christmas. Less hard copy will save on postage, paper and
printer inks. Clubs may print from the blog only what they require.
Please visit and use the blog at: ysmenettes.blogspot.com
It will include my monthly newletters, a link for monthly reports, information on Y's
Menette Awards, progress about our International Project, upcoming and newsworthy
events, and news from our Y's Menettes' Area Director Canada/Caribbean Carole
Dunbar.
My fall schedule is so exciting. I have been invited to the Amherst Y's Menettes meeting
on October 29th and to participate in the Y's Menettes Meeting/Training Session in
Debert NS on November 3rd and 4th. Epsilon, my home club has invited my in January. I
will visit Capitals in November or December. I hope to visit several more clubs during
the year.
This is my seventeenth year as a Y's Menette and I am honoured and very pleased to
serve this wonderful organization as the Regional Director.
Repectfully submitted,
Patricia des Champs

No comments:

Post a Comment