Tuesday, October 2, 2012

News for your September meeting from Patricia RD


Hello Presidents Sharon in Amherst,
Kay at Capitals in Fredericton,
June at Epsilon in Fredericton,
Andrea of Pictou County,
Marjorie of Riverview,
Carol in Sydney,
and Judy our contact in Charlottetown,
My goodness, fall has arrived. The air is fresh and cool. Fall is such a lovely time of year. Our Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival starts this Tuesday here in Fredericton. If any of you are coming from away, I have an extra room and you are most welcome.
There was a squirrel in my large maple tree this morning. He broke off a small piece of branch with about a dozen leaves and off he went. He is building his winter retreat! I am sure our seven Maritime Region clubs are planning for fall and winter too. Our Area Director, Carole Dunbar has sent along some important information for your September meeting. Please share it with your members.
If you can, please contact me about members of your club who will attend the Fall Gathering November 3rd and 4th in Debert, NS. Because numbers may be limited due to availability of funds, please let me know if your club will help with funding your members who plan to attend. What a great opportunity to train new members and reaffirm training with established members.
I have cut and pasted Carole’s information below.
Fall Gathering
Again at our Regional Meeting in Saint John, Y’s Menettes confirmed there is definite interest in holding a meeting/training session for Y’s Menettes of the Area – similar to the meeting held in November 2010. Based on that, I have booked the Debert Hospitality Centre for November 3 & 4, 2012. Meals and accommodations will be covered by the Area but numbers may be limited due to availability of funds. It is my hope that every Club will support a representative. I also would like to hear from Y’s Menettes soon if you have any ideas on format/discussion topics, etc. PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS INFO AS I NEED TO MAKE A DEPOSIT TO HOLD THE SPACE – I would like confirmation of interest/numbers.
Y’sly,
Patricia

Patricia des Champs
Regional Director Y’s Menettes

No comments:

Post a Comment